What Do We Offer?
We offer a deep meaningful entertaining experience through a transformational learning process which goes beyond simple knowledge acquisition to a broader spectrum.
The School program consists of 3 components
Pre-Tour Activities Tours Post-Tour Activities
1- Pre-Tour Activities
Following a pedagogical approach, the pre-tour activities emphasize
- How to react and communicate relying on your other senses
- Develop certain social skills such as trust and teamwork
- Overcome fear of the dark
Students get a chance to rediscover different surroundings & environments relying on the senses of touch, taste, smell, and sound in designed darkened rooms. With the help of a white cane and guided by a blind or visually impaired person, they explore the unseen and learn to see in absolute darkness.
The experience allows students to have great fun and pushes them out of their comfort zone into a world without imagery.
- Students enter in groups of minimum 3 and maximum 7
- Every 20 minutes a new group enters in the dark and starts their tour with a blind or a visually impaired guide.
- Our guides are well trained and qualified to deal with the diverse segments and different backgrounds we receive every day.
- Post-Tour Activities
The post-tour activities aim towards raising awareness of diversity and equality, enabling students to overcome false sympathy, prejudices and stereotypes and replace it with acceptance and empathy.
Post-tour activities consist of:
- Group reflection sessions
- Deep discussions and thoughts sharing
- Dos & Don’ts role play
Why is the Experience Important for Students?
Extremely enjoyable – Great fun
- Totally different from any other entertaining activity they have ever done
- Develops their social awareness and teaches them to care about other people, their feelings, reactions and perspectives
- Allows students to understand the difference between sympathy and empathy
- Awakens their sensibilities
- Raises their curiosity to believe & explore self-potentials they never thought existed